So, my baby boy is officially too big for the infant carrier. Not only was it extremely heavy to cart around, he is over the maximum length and weight. For many reasons we decided a long time ago that Grady would be our last child, so I knew that I would have a lot of baby stuff to give away or store in the basement. What I didn't know was how putting away the infant carrier would make me feel. First came the tears....then came the brilliant idea to have another one. Gregg quickly reminded me why we can't. We simply can't...and really that is just pushing this moment off for a few more years. When the infant carrier made its way down the basement steps, I realized for the first time that their would be no more babies. I also realized that my baby boy was on his way to no longer being a baby. That is something I can't wrap my head around yet. So, I'm taking it as a wake up call. That although the infant stage can be so hard and emotionally draining, it's gone in a flash. I'm soaking up every moment, every sweet little smile, every warm nightime cuddle, every giggle and laugh. I'll never tire of seeing his sweet little baby face and having him fit so snugly in the crook of my arm. These are the moments that will be the best moments of my life. Here are a couple of pictures of my babies in the retired infant carrier. God help me when we have to pu
t the glider away.................
t the glider away.................

0 comments:
Post a Comment